- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center
- Free breakfast available
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Limited housekeeping
- Near a zoo
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the ocean
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Parasailing nearby
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Theme parks nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 600 sq ft (56 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 600 square feet
Get off to a great start with your complimentary grab-and-go breakfast. Squeeze in a gym workout session, go for a splash in the outdoor pool, or head to the sandy beach.
Stay on top of your business and work-related priorities in the comfort of your comfortable and peaceful rooms. Get a snack from the mini market, keep sipping on your favorite coffee, and take a break to watch your favorite TV program on one of the premium channels. Put the finishing touches on your presentations and reports in the business center. Get help from friendly and professional staff. Free parking, wifi, and laundry facilities are available for your convenience.
- The listings are distributed and managed by RoomPicks.
- The max. number of days that you may book per reservation is only 28 days.
- The accommodations are at a hotel, are not adjoining, and may not be located next to each other. The exact spaces are assigned upon arrival based on availability. The price is for two accommodations.
Each 300 sf 2 Double Beds Mobility-ADA Room features:
- 2 Double beds;
- Daily housekeeping;
- Flat-screen TV with premium channels;
- Coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave;
- Ironing facilities;
- All linens, towels, and bathroom essentials are supplied. You don’t need to bring a thing!!
Our family-friendly property provides the following on-site amenities:
- 24/7 Front desk and Security;
- Swimming pool;
- Free continental breakfast available 6:00 AM–9:00 AM on weekdays and 7:00 AM–10:00 AM on weekends;
- Exercise center;
- Business center;
- Mini market on site;
- ATM/cash machine on site;
- Family Animals allowed for an additional charge of USD 25.00 per accommodation, per day;
- Parking is available for guests on the property and is complimentary of cost.
About the Area
Located in Myrtle Beach, this vacation home is in a rural area. Cancun Lagoon Miniature Golf and Deer Track Golf Resort are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Broadway at the Beach and Hudson's Surfside Flea market. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Myrtle Beach Sports Center or TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark. Discover the area's water adventures with swimming nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with hiking and cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Rental home booking tips and tricks:
Find your perfect rental home:
- In the Myrtle Beach area, The sooner your group can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation homes are reserved early. Reserving your rental property up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation home.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Myrtle Beach. Book your Myrtle Beach rental property in Fall or Spring to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Myrtle Beach vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Some property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if discounts are available for your group.
- Property managers usually offer guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Look for your local Myrtle Beach area magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local articles, travel guide magazines have offers and deals for local accommodations and attractions.
Choosing and booking a perfectvacation home:
- Select a designated group leader, select your trip dates, and choose a budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. 2 x 2 Double Bed Deluxe Rm at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Myrtle Beach-N Kings Hwy has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Myrtle Beach vacation rental search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally accessible on booking websites. If not, contact the host before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or applied to your agreement.
- Is your group looking for special amenities? Most rental websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Advice for a great stay:
- Put the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents many issues.
- Keep your rental home locked while you are away! Don't let burglars ruin your holiday.
- During arrival, record any issues with the property and immediately alert the owner. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Be respectful. Frequently, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Re-check the property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at check-out. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host is not available, remember to take photos and video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Hosts rely on good feedback to compel more reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your review find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.