- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Heated Pool
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyPelican's Landing is located off of Hwy 17 within 5-15 min. of Tanger Outlets, Barefoot Landing, Carolina Opry, Pirate Voyage, Alabama Theater, numerous miniature golf locations, eateries and more. Popular Sea Annie's and Flip Flops are within walking distance. The beach is just steps away across the street which is a dead end so little traffic to deal with.
This charming freshly modernized condo has 3 BR (MB - Queen bed, 2nd BR - Queen bed, 3rd BR 2 Twin beds) 2 1/2 BA (Master bath has stand up shower, 2nd bath has full tub/shower and 3rd bath has toilet and sink) We are located on the 3rd floor so our unit has a sizable skylight and 2 additional windows including one with a window seat. There are ceiling fans all over and central air, Wifi and cable TV. The balcony off of the living room is screened in and there is a separate balcony off of the Master Bedroom. In the courtyard located by the pool is a play set for the children, a picnic area with 3 charcoal standing grilles and a putting green area. There is a second pool located off the beach which you will have access to also. The washer and dryer is enclosed in the private laundry room located off the screened porch which also serves as storage for beach chairs and toys. This unit is effortlessly located next to the elevator.
This is a Non-Smoking unit and according to HOA regulations renters must be 25 years of age. Two parking passes will be sent to you prior to your stay. Also no motorbikes, trailers and dogs and cats according to HOA regulations. Cleaning costs, towels and linens are already supplied in the prices listed. There is a $250 returnable damage deposit.
- Many property management companies and vacation houses supply Myrtle Beach area travel discount magazines that feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by merchants, or via a relationship between the property manager and the store itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to change your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer incredible rates on weekly rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Several rental companies provide markdowns to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular groups of vacationers. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Advice
Some people are surprised to discover how many properties are available in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners frequently select management companies to facilitate internet marketing, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental experience.
Where to find and reserve the best rental property:
Before you decide to book " A must see! Ocean view and Pool view", go through our short collection of points to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Myrtle Beach vacation homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Many visitors prefer to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Decide on a Town and Time
Start by determining which specific area of Myrtle Beach you prefer to explore, and the determine trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you should have. Keep in mind that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Spend?
Will your chosen rental home suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to reserving an expensive rental. Generally speaking, one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and getting each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are sheets offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Sometimes the elder generation has problems with staircases. Make sure you remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Pets are welcome at many vacation homes, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be restricted. Make certain to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
The best places to Search
When the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to find the best vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Myrtle Beach local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local agencies generally have a unique selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the full contract and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Rental management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides comfort should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
Once you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Be sure to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also suggest immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any needed repairs. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be helpful.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. More often than not, adjacent residences are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites permit customers to offer reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest with regards to experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to fix the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they love their rental? Maybe everything ended up being outstanding and you are happy to reserve the property for your next vacation. If not, you have acquired valuable experience to help with your next search.