- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Ice Maker
- Indoor Pool
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Spa Whirlpool
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property
Our splendid condo is located on the 2nd floor of the Resort's 'A' Building , specifically 239.We have traveled extensively and have taken these experiences into consideration , to create a peaceful, tidy, accommodation that will not interfere with your holiday time , only add to it. You will not get surprises .
Our location is a couple mins. walk away from our pristine , white sandy beach on the Atlantic Sea. And just before that , you have the option , of relishing one of the biggest sea front pools...
In addition, our condo location places you also , within a couple walking mins. to the Resort's 375' waterpark heated Lazy River, that includes a bucket dump, mushroom shower , a kiddie pool, and a enormous 4 section hot tub..
Bottom line , we are located right in the middle of all the water action you can ask for.
Our condo is new, calming ,tidy, with full amenties of home supplied.
Let's begin with the Master Bed Room. It includes a generous king size bed not usually found in rented condos. A 48' flat screen TV , with full channel cable viewing . Located also in the Master Bed Room is your private bathroom that includes a tub /shower.
The 2nd Bed Room has 2 twin beds also with 27: Flat Screen TV with cable hook up. Located a couple feet away is the full size Hall Bath that also incldes a tub/shower.
Our kitchen has all of your sizable and modest appliances. From making drinks to preparing a full size dinner. Everything you will need to prepare a sizable meal for the family, or a modest snack.
Check our delight listing and you'll see we haven't missed a modest appliance including a crock pot where you can start your dinner in the morning and when you return from the beach or pool , dinner is on. Next to the kitchen , is our dining room with a full size table that seats 6 people.
After dinner, there is no less than 4 ice cream parlors on Rt 17 for your favorite dessert.
Our living room is an getaway , really designed for full appreciation. New couch /queen bed , new chairs , portable tables for your drinks and snacks. Also, a newly installed computer work station to take advantage of our Wi-Fi hook up. Finally , a 55' HD Flat screen Intelligent TV . . with BLURAY DVD for your entertainment ..The balcony is located just outdoor the living & dining rooms for your comfort accessible by full view sliding doors.We have set up our balcony that you & or family members can relax or snack on 3 special rocking chairs with a service table. Or just savor the sun rise or sun set with libation or snack. Also, on the balcony, you'll find beach chairs & umbrella, beach toys in our new storage case.
The Myrtle Beach Resort, our sea front heaven , is located in the heart of the World famed Extensive Strand , a glitzy 60 mile stretch of white sandy beaches, winding along South Carolina's coastline. You'll find , Broadway at the Beach, Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock Cafe with nightly concerts with top performers, Nascar Cafe, Alabama Theater, Legends, Dixie Stampede , Carolina Opry, and many others.
The Myrtle Beach Resort is in the heart of a golfers wonderland with over 100 golf courses, known as the 'Golf Capital of the World'.36 of these courses hold the rank of four & one half stars or higher. 'Come with those Sticks', chase that white elusive ball.
The Myrtle Beach Resort is at the heart of this mega entertainment center. This self contained 33 acre includes 750 feet of sandy white beach on the handsome Atlantic Sea.. There are 6 swimming pools, 2 of them heated, 4 whirlpools, 2 steam rooms, saunas, children's playground, 4 lighted tennis courts, b-ball court, volley ball, lighted shuffle board, bocce ball, BBQ areas ( one located within 200 ft. of condo ), sea front cabana bar, ( with live entertainment in season )poolside snack bar, deli/café, appreciation store, game room, present shop , and walking trails.
The Resort has controlled entry access and a 24/7 roving security.
How was your holiday in 2017? Did you feel the warm summer winds,& did you relax on the beach or by the pool?.Did you dream away the anxiety & monotony of everyday living.? Well if you didn't or even if you did ,treat you & your family this year and stay with us. It is never too early to reserve the week of your choice in 2018
Our 2018 rental work will be very brisk .A modest deposit will hold the week of your choice ... . Give us a shout out. ..
Once you stay in our condo, you will never go back to a hotel ,motel , or another condo for that matter.
Rent today & give you & your family a holiday to remember.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you printed guide books with special deals for rental homes, dining and tours. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and coupon books, because this allows travelers to take advantage of the very same wonderful activities at a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Just want to avoid the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top pricing.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some management companies provide special discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rental homes are basically catered to particular visitors, whether it's downtown units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and attractions you are most interested in.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners typically offer guests an opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to find a property that meets their wishes and price range.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners frequently select management companies to manage online advertising, cleaning and routine maintenance.
We have put together a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental property experience.
How to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Before you book " 'Kokomo Dreamin' Beautiful 2 Bedroom Condo at the Beach ", read through our short collection of things to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Myrtle Beach rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plan their Summer vacations..
Decide on a Village and Time
Begin by deciding which particular area of Myrtle Beach you prefer to visit, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
Selecting an Correctly-Sized Rental property
Determine who is going, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you should have. Remember that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Most rental properties are marketed with a cost range. Determine the cost for your selected week. It may be at the top end of the range. If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make certain everybody knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you just desire a rental home with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Does the rental have bikes and body boards available as part of your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your companion! Pet guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Many constraints may possibly eliminate a potential vacation property. Be sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Myrtle Beach local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. In addition to offering exceptional properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Read Through The Agreement
Read through the full contract and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular fee, travelers have to pay local taxes when booking " 'Kokomo Dreamin' Beautiful 2 Bedroom Condo at the Beach ", in addition to various other additional fees which may be required based upon their situation, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides relief should catastrophe strike.
As soon as you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Make sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems immediately after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if fixes are required contact the property manager straight away.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Frequently, adjacent residences are occupied by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental sites seek comments after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything was wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you should note that in your feedback.
Did everyone have a blast? Ideally everything was perfect and you're happy to re-book the rental home for next season. If the rental wasn't quite right, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.