- As low as $189/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Casino nearby
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Laundry facilities
- Near a hospital
- Near coin laundry
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 840 sq ft (78 sq m)
- Water park
- Winery tours nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 840 square feet
Savor a comfortable beach vacation at A Place at the Beach IV in condo 126. Located on Shore Drive section of Myrtle Beach, this 2BR/2BA unit can accommodate up to 6 guests and features 1 King bed, 2 twin beds, and a queen sleeper couch. A first-floor condo, 126 comes with a entirely equipped kitchen, including all the essentials of home cooking like appliances, cookware, and flatware. You can experience the pretty ocean vistas from your private balcony and stay connected indoors with complimentary WiFi and the multiple cable TVs. On-site property amenities also include laundry facilities and an outdoor pool.
Guests will have access to entire condo. Guest will also have access to outdoor pool, complimentary parking, BBQ area and access to on site laundry facilities.
Less than a 5-min. drive to "restaurant row" of Myrtle Beach where you will find dozens of eateries, all types of shopping including Tanger Outlets and live music venues.
Prior to arrival please feel complimentary to message us in the messaging tool with any questions. After checking in we ask that you contact the front desk for anything you may need, when checking in they will provide you with 24/7 support number.
After booking we will send you message to confirm your reservation. A week prior to your stay we will send you a message with reservation number to give front desk and a reminder of check in location and instructions.
Other Things to Note:
-Must be 21 years of age to rent.
-NO FAMILY PETS ACCEPTED.
-NO SMOKING IS ACCEPTED.
-No Motorcycles or trailers allowed on property.
-We provide the initial set up of towels, linens and amenities for your stay. A full set of pots, pans and dishes are included for the room capacity. We recommend bringing pool/beach towels and any specialty cooking tools you may need.
-Unit is individually owned and managed by Beach Vacation Condos; we ask our guests to treat it as they would their own home.
About the Area
This condo is located in Myrtle Beach. Cane Patch Par 3 & Driving Range and Treasure Island Mini Golf are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Broadway at the Beach and Tanger Outlets Myrtle Beach. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Broadway Grand Prix, or consider a night out at Burroughs & Chapin Pavilion Place. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating and other activities like winery tours.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best vacation property experience:
Money saving strategies:
- In the Myrtle Beach area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best rental properties are booked early. Booking your vacation rental up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Summer months are high season in Myrtle Beach. Reserving a rental home in Fall or Spring months is our best tip for saving money on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable homes.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Myrtle Beach area travel guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Myrtle Beach visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to choose and book the bestvacation home:
- First, have your family agree to date ranges and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Light and Airy Ocean View Condo with Full Kitchen has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, email the property owner before you reserve the rental. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you will need a pet-friendly rental. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- Visiting for a single attraction? If so, use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Advice for a great stay:
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your . We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep your rental home locked while you are away! Don't let thieves spoil your trip.
- Note any damages to the rental during check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Be respectful. Often, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Just prior to departing, take a walk-through to make sure you did not forget anything. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a fantastic time? Most rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide comments. If your rental and/or property management company was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was out of order and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.