- As low as $450/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- BBQ grill(s)
- Beachfront location
- Concierge services
- DVD player
- Fitness center
- Fitness center access
- Golf privileges (optional)
- Health/beauty spa
- Heated pool
- Hiking/biking trails
- Housekeeping (limited)
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In-room accessibility
- Indoor pool
- Jet skiing
- Motor boating
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Outlet shopping
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding
- Theme parks
- Water park access
- Water skiing
- Water sports equipment
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Hotel resort
- Approximately 1250 square feet
* PLEASE NOTE that my ability to reserve a unit for you is based on availability at the property at the time of your request. I will do everything I can to accommodate you!
** There are 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units, and they can be oceanfront or ocean view **
PRICES - 2 BDR Oceanfront - $420/nighttime, 2 BDR Oceanview - $375/nighttime, 3 BDR Oceanfront - $495/nighttime
The Anderson Ocean Club is an oceanfront resort with full-service spa, heated indoor pool, two outdoor pools, hot tubs, oceanfront pool bar, lazy river, exercise center and incredible oceanfront vistas. The resort is part of the Hilton Grandiose Vacations resort properties.
The resort was freshly refreshed w/fresh furnishings. The 2 bedroom 2 bath unit features enormous kitchens with full amenities (full-size refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave, dishwasher plus appliances and dishes and everything else you could possibly need), washer/dryer, oceanfront outdoor balconies, and flat-panel LCD TVs in the living room and bedrooms. The 3 bedroom units have 2 bathrooms, and a king bed in the master, two queens in the 2nd bedroom and 1 queen in the 3rd bedroom.
Unwind at the many pools where you can order drinks and food. Guests can take advantage of complimentary sizable fluffy pool towels available for check out. There are 2 heated swimming pools and a huge hot tub.
It is within walking distance to multiple nice eateries, the board walk and other activities. The full service concierge will provide complimentary water park passes at check in, or take advantage of other local attractions such as golf course discounts. Self-parking AND valet parking are complimentary. This property is one of our family's favorites.
* This unit comes w/complimentary mini-golf daily until 7pm, discounted golf course prices, and COMPLIMENTARY water park tickets!
About the Area
Located in Myrtle Beach, this resort is near theme parks and on the beach. Travelers who have shopping on the agenda can visit Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Myrtle Beach Sports Center or TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark. Jet skiing and snorkeling offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with hiking/biking trails and cycling nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the best Myrtle Beach rental experience:
How to get the best value:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is high season in the Myrtle Beach area. To book the best vacation home for your budget, we highly recommend reserving in Fall or Spring months. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at popular Myrtle Beach attractions and restaurants. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Myrtle Beach vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Some property management companies offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies usually offer renters an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Find a copy of your local Myrtle Beach visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guides have offers and deals for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Narrow your Search:
- Start by selecting trip dates and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your family requires. Oceanfront & Ocean-view units available; 1, 2 & 3 bedrooms has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly available online. If you don't see them listed, contact the property manager before reserving the vacation property. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds.
- Some properties allow pets, and some don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the property management company about pet restrictions before booking.
- Visiting for a specific event? If so, use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Know before you go:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Add a note with the instructions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, intercom or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call prevents a lot of issues.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home while you are away, just like you would at home.
- During check-in, record any damages to the property and immediately alert the property manager. Record all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your peaceful home life. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and places you would have never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to make sure you've collected everything. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Property managers rely on great feedback to stimulate future reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will be thankful you shared your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Myrtle Beach Skywheel - 1.1 miles
- Fun Plaza - 1.2 miles
- Broadway at the Beach - 1.2 miles
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk - 1.5 miles
- Broadway at the Beach - 1.2 miles