- As low as $110/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Heated pool
- Indoor pool
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near the ocean
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor pool
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Refrigerator (full size)
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 500 sq ft (46 sq m)
- Water park
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 500 square feet
Picture yourselves appreciating your morning coffee or a glass of wine on the balcony!
Entirely modernized in 2022!!!
Whether you spend the day soaking up the sun or the sights in Myrtle Beach, you will look forward to calming!!!
This handsome oceanfront condo is located on the 4th floor in Grandiose Cayman Resort.
Sleeps 6, separate bedroom with 2 queen size beds, living room with a Murthy Bed.
Convenient parking garage offers covered parking on the 4th floor steps from your door.
The kitchen has granite counter tops and stainless-steel appliances including a full-size refrigerator/freezer, oven/stove, and microwave. The kitchen comes supplied with silverware, toaster, coffeemaker/Keurig, pots and pans, and much more.
A full set of bath towels (6) sheets (for 3 beds), and blankets are supplied.
The unit is also equipped with a keypad, this means you can skip the line at the front desk when you get here and never have to worry about carrying around a key or card. You won't have to wait in long check-in lines if you stay with us, just go straight to the unit and start that vacation!
The Grand Cayman has phenomenal amenities such as indoor heated pool and hot tubs, kiddie pool, lazy river, waterslide, outdoor pool and hot tubs, sundeck/lawn, exercise center, Starbucks,
Our condo IS NOT part of their onsite rental program and daily maid service is NOT included.
If you are traveling with a bigger group or your chosen travel dates are not available for this suite, please check out our other listings.
If you are traveling with a bigger group or your chosen travel dates are not available for this suite, please check out our other listings!
If you are traveling with your furry friend please contact us, we have pet friendly properties.
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Myrtle Beach International Airport (~5 miles away)
Please be aware that it is very busy during bicycle weeks, especially during Atlantic Beach Bicycle Fest, and that can lead to police managed traffic flows, a lot of traffic, and busy conditions in the area. In addition, our busiest week is 4th of July week. Parking is on a 1st come 1st served basis and you may need to park in overflow tons during the busiest times. Trailers cannot be parked in the resort's tons or parking deck.
Guests have access to all pool amenities.
Laundry room currently is under remodel, sorry for inconvenience.
If you need a break from the beach, try out one of the area’s many miniature golf courses, the Cane Patch par 3 course and driving range just a few blocks away, or check out one of the many 18-hole golf courses within a 5-min. drive of the condo, including Pine Lakes Country Club, Grande Dunes, Arcadian Shores Golf Club, or Dunes Golf & Beach Club!
For a little “retail therapy”, check out one of the two Tanger Outlets in the area, head over to the Coastal Grand Mall, take a walk around The Market Common, or wander into one of the many beach stores along Ocean Blvd. or King’s Hwy.
Take in a show or concert at the close by House of Blues, Alabama Theater, or Carolina Opry. At Legends In Concert, you just might see Elvis! For some entertaining dining, you can watch a joust at Medieval Times or hang out with pirates at Pirate’s Voyage.
Broadway at the Beach is just about 5 miles from the condo, where you’ll find a premier shopping center filled with everything from extraordinary stores and live entertainment to zipline, helicopter, and jet boat excursions. Here you can appreciate a day of shopping, feed a stingray at the fantastic Ripley’s Aquarium, take the kids on a carnival ride at the Pavillion Nostalgia Park, or check out Wonder Works for some educational fun. If you’re hungry, savor one of the many restaurant selections, including the famed Hard Rock, Wahlburger’s, Dave & Buster’s, or Margaritaville. If you’re looking for a little nightlife, grab daiquiri at Fat Tuesday’s, dance to your favorite music at one of the many clubs, join in the fun at Señor Frog’s, or request a song at Crocodile Rocks dueling piano bar - it’s so much fun!
For the best vistas in the area, take a ride up the Myrtle Beach Skywheel - located just few miles away - and then end the day with a sunset walk down Pier 14!
No matter how you’ve spent your time in Myrtle Beach, we know that our beach and many attractions will make you want to return to make more memories!
Most of our guests use Uber or Lyft to get around!
Other Things to Note:
All suites managed by us have code locks for the doors, so there is no need to waste time checking in at the front lobby, all access codes will be sent to you on the day of check in by 4pm.
Parking passes as well as pool wristbands (where required) will already be waiting for you in your suite.
All rooms are entirely furnished and equipped with basic kitchen silverware such as silverware and plates/bowls.
For anyone wishing to bring their dog, only our suites at Patricia Grand allow them. Inquire for more information on these units.
Upon check in, linens for each bed and towels for each person will be available in the room, along with starter items such as trash bags, toilet paper, and soaps.
Items such as beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. are not supplied by us but can be rented from the lifeguards on the beach.
Our locations are privately owned and rented by off-site management, so all questions or requests must be made by contacting us. The front desks will have none of your information and will not assist you.
Interaction with Guests:
You can call me, text me, e-mail me at any time. The fastest way to communicate with me is via text messages. Guests are supplied with a high level of customer service. Inquiries and questions are answered promptly. I'm available to guests by messaging, phone, text, and e-mail. In addition, we have on-call maintenance services and professional local cleaning management that are available to provide additional services or to deal with any issues that may arise.
About the Area
Located in Myrtle Beach, this condo is on the beach. Carolina Opry Theater and The Carolina Opry are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Broadway at the Beach and Seventieth Avenue North Shopping Center. Captain Hook's Adventure Golf and Myrtle Beach Sling Shot are also worth visiting. With kayaking, motor boating, and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips for getting the perfect Myrtle Beach rental home experience:
When to visit & When to book:
- Book your rental in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Myrtle Beach vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- The earlier your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved early. Booking your vacation home up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer renters an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Myrtle Beach area travel guide magazines which will include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Myrtle Beach area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to select the perfect rental:
- First, have your family choose a vacation week and a budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Shore Fun. Oceanfront .1 Bedroom has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts is often available on booking pages. If not, contact the property management company before booking the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Does your group require unique amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- If your family is vacationing with pets, search for a pet-friendly rental. Request details on breed, size, and type requirements. Some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
More considerations for your visit:
- Be sure you get the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental.
- Upon arrival, record any damages to the property and immediately contact the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or coffee maker. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent many problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers disrupting your quiet neighborhood. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental home while you are out. Protect your property!
- Re-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all personal items at check-out. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental a final time and look for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, ensure that you take pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a wonderful time? Most rental websites make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property management company was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Broadway at the Beach - 4.1 miles