- As low as $225/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Music library
- Video library
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Electric car charging station on site
- Fence around the pool
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Jetted bathtub
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: $200 Cleaning fee if smoke found
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Shared/communal pool
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Wheelchair accessible
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1650 square feet
Recently refreshed ocean view condo with new living room furnishings, new kitchen appliances, new LVP floor, new painting, and new artwork. This 2 BED / 2 Bath condo is located on the 21st floor of Royale Palms, next to Hilton Myrtle Beach.
From your giant private balcony, conveniently accessed from living room and both bedrooms, you'll be able to dine and marvel at extraordinary Sunrises or lounge around as if nothing else matters in this moment. It has spectacular ocean vistas all the way to North Carolina.
Hilton / Embassy pools and SPLASH PARK Not Supplied.
- Access to private Royale Palms pool
- Free access to Mega Exercise Gym
- High-quality towels and sheets (bring your own pool / beach towels)
- Free parking and complimentary Wifi
- TV with HBO
- Entirely equipped Kitchen
- Coffee maker with coffee, cream, and sugar
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap and 2 rolls of toilet paper in each bathroom
- Laundry, dishwasher and dish washing detergents
- 1 roll of paper towel and 2 garbage bags in kitchen
- Professionally cleaned and sanitized before check in.
- Contact-complimentary check in / check out.
- Full-size washer & dryer
- 24/7 Gated entrance for a family friendly resort
* No Smoking. $200 cleaning fee if smoke has been detected
* No Loud Noise after 10 PM. $50 fee if security is called
* No Animals. $500 fee if family pets or pet remnants are found
* Minimum rental age is 25 years
* No trailers, campers or RVs
* No grilling
* Same day check in not allowed
About the Area
This condo is located in Arcadian Shores, a neighborhood in Myrtle Beach, and is near theme parks and on the beach. The Carolina Opry and Carolina Opry Theater are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Jungle Safari Mini Golf and OD Pavilion Amusement Park. Ripley's Aquarium and Captain Hook's Adventure Golf are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with hiking and cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the best Myrtle Beach vacation property experience:
How to get the best rental home value:
- Summer is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. Booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is a great way to save money on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Myrtle Beach vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- In the Myrtle Beach area, The sooner your group can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best properties are reserved early. Reserving your rental home up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your group qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies often offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Look for your local Myrtle Beach area magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guides have offers and deals for local tours, shops, and attractions.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Begin by selecting trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family requires. Royale Palms 2103 Renovated Oceanview w/Pool/Beach has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Myrtle Beach rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the host before you book the rental. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- Visiting for a single event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking
- If your group is bringing pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly rental. Get specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Be aware that some property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
Considerations for your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the directions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- To make sure that damages are not linked to your family's stay, make a record of any problem areas upon your arrival. Make contact with the property manager right away to record any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be an incredible resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Lock your rental while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at check-out. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property a final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the host isn't available, ensure that you take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a fantastic time? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property management company was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.